Encapsulated Retinol (Vitamin A)
Vitamin A is a family of compounds that play an important role in vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell division, and cell differentiation. All skin types benefit from Vitamin A and it is widely used for the treatment of problem skin, and is the most effective substance for treating ageing and UV-damaged skin.
By encapsulating the retinol in lipids we are able to introduce the substance to the nucleus of the skin cell more effectively with faster uptake. Lipid encapsulation also slows oxidation, and enables the vitamin A to pass through the epidermis to the living cells beneath.
Benefits of this ingredient include:
- Stimulate fibroblast cells
- Increasing production of collagen and elastin
- Normalise cell differentiation
- Normalise sebum production
- Compacts stratum corneum
- Protect the langerhan cells
- Normalise pigmentation
- Regulates gene transcription
Found in: Aspect Dr A Serum