Lactic acid is derived from sour milk, but is also naturally found in the body and therefore recognised by the skin. It has excellent exfoliating properties without the irritation that other Alpha Hydroxy Acids cause.
We chirally correct the Lactic Acid that we use, which is why you see L-Lactic, meaning the D receptor has been removed to allow for better penetration into the skin, with less free radical production.
With superior cell turnover, a suppressive effect on tyrosinase and anti bacterial effects, this ingredient is ideal for mature and young skins alike, to brighten, freshen and hydrate. Also ideal for use on congested and acne skins, due to the antibacterial and exfoliating benefits.
Benefits of this ingredient include:
- exfoliation of dead skin
- antibacterial action on acne bacteria
- suppresses the formation of new pigmentation and lightens existing pigment
- potent hydrator as it builds epidermal ceramides
- brightens and lightens dull, sallow skin
- improves texture of thickened, sun damaged skin